At Stockport College, the majority of our programmes are available to study on a full or part-time basis, and indeed many of our students choose to study around their existing commitments including full time jobs and families. Typically full time students will be in College for 2-days per week (or equivalent), and part time 1-day (evening options available).
Higher National Certificates and Diplomas
BTEC Higher Nationals are Higher Education qualifications at level 4 and 5 that are equivalent to the first and second years of a university degree. They provide specialist work-related learning, reflecting the requirements of employers and professional organisations.
We are excited to expand on our Higher National offers for 2017-18 (Subject to approval*).
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences for Industry
- Business Pathways* (Accounting and Finance; Business Management; Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management)
- Creative Media Production*
- Computing and Systems Development
- Construction Pathways (Civil Engineering; Construction & the Built Environment; Building Services Engineering)
- Engineering Pathways (Electrical and Electronic; Mechanical)
- Graphic Design
- Performing Arts
- Sport/Sport and Exercise Sciences*
Foundation Degree and Degree provision
We offer a range of opportunities for study at degree level, working with our university partners to ensure students receive an excellent standard of degree programme, delivered locally, in a nurturing environment.
Foundation degrees are usually two year programmes, delivered over one day per week in college and a minimum two days in the workplace. They are designed to link vocational and academic skills, focusing on developing professional practice within a theoretical framework.
Our Honours degree programmes are typically three years full time programmes, although there is an option to study part time over a longer period of time for a more flexible route. They are dynamic, exciting programmes with opportunities to work on community projects, live briefs and placement experiences, depending on the programme.
Foundation Degree 2017-18
- Early Years Practice
- Working with Children and Young People
- Plus we are looking to develop Foundation Degrees within the areas of Nursing Sciences, Social Work and Teaching Assistants*
Honours Degrees 2017-18
- BA (Hons) Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Photography
- BA (Hons) Illustration*
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design*
Additional offer for 2018-19
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management *
- Motor Sports Performance Engineering *
- Project Management *
- Spa and Salon Management*
- Travel and Tourism Management*