We offer a variety of support formats designed to fit individual requirements. We proactively implement the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and the principles that it observes: enabling participation, collaboration with partners, high quality provision, inclusive practices, removing barriers to learning and preparing for adulthood.
We work with a variety of external agencies including Sensory Services, CYP Service and local authority SEN services to ensure smooth transition, opportunities and progression for our leaners.
We have professional affiliations with a number of organisations including ADEPT, BDA, PATOSS, NADP, NATED.
To have your support put in place you will need to make an appointment with us. In this meeting you will discuss your requirements and the Learning Support Team will produce an individual support plan detailing support. Additional support is available for students with:
- Students with an EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan) or Statement ofÂ Educational Need
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Conditions including Asperger’s
- Mental Health Difficulties such as anxiety, depression and bipolar affective disorder
- Hearing and Visual Impairments
- Long term medical conditions such as epilepsy, Crohn’s disease, cancer, HIV and diabetes
- Physical disabilities including M.S, cystic fibrosis, hypermobility syndrome and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Mobility difficulties
- Temporary injuries such as broken bones or recovery from an operation
The Learning Support team can offer:
- Specialist assessment of learning needs
- Individual Support Plans
- Exam access arrangements e.g. reader, extra time
- In-class support e.g. note taking
- Communication support for deaf learners
- Equipment loan e.g. laptop or Dictaphone
- Support using assistive technology e.g. screen readers, mind mapping software
- Dedicated Learning Support Zone
- Modification and adaptations of materials
- Support, advice and guidance for DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) In Higher Education
- Drop-in sessions to discuss support issues.
0161 296 5810 — Student Services reception
07795648407 — Learning Support mobile
0161 296 5880 — Learning Support Zone
Juanita Sheridan – Specialist Assessment Team Leader 0161 296 5936 – Juanita.firstname.lastname@example.org
Stockport’s Local Offer — Childcare and Family Information Directory
SEND Code of Practice 2015 – Special educational needs and disability code of practice
Equality Act — Equality Act 2010
Children’s Act — Children Act 2004